Wine And Food Tours Italy. I spend at least 2 months travelling each year, especially in Italy, where I have the wonderful task of sourcing new “off the beaten track” & Italian product & travel experiences for our tours. My greatest inspiration to finding locavore from a village in Italy is the farmers market, meeting local farmers and settling into one place for an extended period of time. We have great relationships with the producers of Slow Food throughout Italy and our wine and food tours visit many places that are not known outside of Italy.
Why Travel with Wine and Food Traveller
- Our guides are our partners, and they are with you for the whole tour
- Private & exclusive visits to meet the winemakers in our network
- Aperitivo, they invented the word, and we love it.
- Taste Street food Italian style
- Passeggiata (walk) through ancient hilltop and coastal towns and mix with locals.
- If you can’t sleep try Vin Santo!
- Taste real Lemoncello made at the agriturismo’s we visit.
- Dining in Ristorante & Trattoria favoured by the locals, (not the guide books.)
- Local wines are included with lunch & dinner on most of our itineraries
- Listen to stories of family traditions dating back to the 11th Century
- Meet Slow Food producers, the artisans that we know in the country around regional towns
- Cooking classes in kitchens with professional chefs & wonderful family homes with Nona
- Visit local farmers Markets in the hilltop towns we visit
- Take time out to explore the beautiful towns we stay in. Relax and enjoy
- Share a day in the life of local producers, understand their history and pride.
- Taste cheese at the farm as its being produced. Italian Cheeses are the best in the world.
- Learn about the amazing Il Lagotto Romagnolo, the truffle hunting dogs.
- Stay in beautiful Messaria and Agriturismo lodges
- Stay away from the crowds and get off the beaten track.
Travel Italy with us. Its different, but its good fun.
I spend at least 2 months travelling each year, especially in Italy, where I have the wonderful task of sourcing new “off the beaten track” & Italian Lifestyle product for our tours. My greatest inspiration to finding locavore from a village in Italy is the farmers market, meeting local farmers and settling into one place for an extended period of time.
My partners in Italy are the best, very flexible, very professional , and we now offer tours for couples, so you can travel when you want to. Occasionally I offer set departure date tours for small groups, no more than 10 people, and these are now in high demand. Our Slow Food tour has proved the most popular.This tour is covering the incredible “valley of food” between Turin and Bologna, and runs every year at the end of September to fit in with all the fairs and festivals that take place in those two regions at that time.