The highlight of this tour is the chance to discover and experience different cultures that have in common the human hospitality of local people, great food and wine traditions.
- Visit 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites (Castel del Monte, Alberobello and Matera)
- Wine, olive oil, confectory, focaccia and mozzarella cheese tastings
- 2 Hands on cooking classes
- Fishing demonstration on a trabocco
- Art experience
- Slow Food dining tasting the best food available.
9 nights’ accommodation in 3 historic town centers.
PRICE PER PERSON
11-20 April 2018: $3500*
3-12 October 2018: $3500*
*All prices are land only and based on double occupancy. Airfare and travel insurance are not included. Pick up in Rome Fiumicino airport and drop off in Bari airport or train station. The single supplement fare is 165 Euro per person.
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Included in the price
- 2 nights in Sulmona at Hotel Ovidius, 3 nights in Vasto at Hotel San Marco and 4 nights in Conversano at Hotel Corte Altavilla
- Breakfast Buffet Daily
- 12 meals (food, water & house wine) in selected restaurants, farmhouses or wineries based on traditional regional dishes
- Guided tastings of wines, confetti, olive oil, mozzarella cheese and bread and visits to the producers
- 2 Hands-on cooking classes and associated food costs
- 1 Wine tasting class with a professional sommelier
- Personalized cooking booklet and apron
- Daily trips, excursions and guided tours
- All transport for daily trips and excursions in an air-conditioned bus
- Pick up in Rome Fiumicino airport and drop off in Bari airport in an air-conditioned bus
- All entry fees for castles and museums
- Art experience with a local artist
- English-speaking professional tour directors and licensed local guides as per itinerary
- All taxes
What’s not included
- Spending money
- Snacks/Drinks between meals, or any meals not listed on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like phone calls, visa costs, laundry or tips
- Travel insurance (not obligatory, but recommended)
- Drinks not listed in the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, for example)
- The cost of additional excursions or activities
Join us for a 10-day unique escorted tour to visit 3 of the most stunning Italian regions: Abruzzo with its charming mountain villages, 3 national parks and the Trabocchi (special fishing frames typical of the area) Coast, Puglia with its UNESCO sites, castles, beautiful medieval towns and coastal villages, and Basilicata with the enchanting Matera, elected European capital of Culture for 2019. You will be part of a small group of people and will be able to embrace a deep cultural history of food, wine, art and living la vita dolce.
The main highlight of this tour is the chance to discover and experience different cultures that have in common the human hospitality of local people, great food and wine traditions.